Writing Challenge #12 – How I Unwind After A Stressful Day
Um, wine?! This is a post that I have a lot of experience with since I have way too much experience with stressful days *insert rolling eye emoji here*. As an HR Manager, every day is like a game of Russian Roulette, I never know what to expect and what the outcome may be. I’m right in the middle of the organization meaning I’m not only there as a service to the employees (and my team), but also I’m who the Senior Leadership Team looks to for guidance and strategy assistance. It’s as fun and stressful as it sounds! I would say that 4 out of 5 workdays I come home feeling stressed so I have really had to find out what works for me to unwind. If I didn’t, I’m not sure I would be able to remain sane!
- Wine. I know I mentioned it before as sort of a joke, but the reality is that some days wine is the only thing that helps!
- Exercise. I know, I know, you hear it all the time about exercising relieving stress and anxiety, but it’s because it works! The harder the workout, the better. I find if it’s a tougher workout then I have no choice than to not think about my stressful day and I find that exercising really does help to clear my mind.
- Mindless TV. One day I will post about just how much mindless TV I enjoy (they really should have been listed in the My Guilty Pleasures post), but for right now, let’s just say that sometimes all you need is some mindless entertainment to take your mind off things!
- Spending time with the people/pets that you care about. No explanation required here!
- Something to look forward to. Sometimes if I know I’m about to have an especially stressful day, I will plan something for that evening so that I have something to look forward to all day. It really can be anything as long as it’s something that will motivate you to keep going!
- Naps. I love to nap. Naps make everything better!
Although I don’t wish stressful days upon anyone, we all know that they are a fact of life! What are your methods for unwinding after a stressful day?