September Writing Challenge #18 – My Favorite Colour
This one is well-timed, because I was already planning on writing a post about this! I’ll start by saying that I have a few things going for me right now in terms of this being my favorite colour:
- I’m a millennial (and older one, but still!)
- I love fashion and beauty, and therefore, I’m a sucker for trends
In case you haven’t already guessed it, my favorite colour (right now) is blush. Seriously, give me everything blush! Clothes, wine, home decor, makeup, candy… if it’s blush, I pretty much need it!
Why do I love blush so much? Other than it being everywhere right now so it’s an easy colour to find, I do have a list of other reasons why:
- I see blush as kind of a grown up version of pink. Pink has been one of my favourites for as long as I can remember, so it’s only natural that I would graduate to the more mature version
- It goes well with black, my other favorite colour. Seriously, black and blush together?? Gorgeous!
- It’s a neutral so not only does it go with black, it goes with just about everything else you can think of
- Because it’s so subtle, it brightens everything up without being too bright. You can wear a pair of blush shorts without the reaction of “wow, you’re wearing pink shorts”!
Right now, here are my favorite blush items that I have recently purchased:
Blush Leather Biker Jacket – $399.99 – Mango
Blush Steve Madden Quilted Slip On Sneakers – $80 – Steve Madden
Leith Pleated High Waisted Shorts – $89 – Nordstrom
Pink & Grey Plaid Blouse – $39.95 – Dynamite
Rebecca Minkoff Velvet Crossbody Bag – $222.90 – Nordstrom
Sugarfina Rose All Day Gummy Bears – $10.95 – Sugarfina
What are some of your favorite blush items?