This week in lieu of a Friday Favorites post, I wanted to post about one of my favorites of each season – my FabFitFun box!
Although we got a fresh dumping of snow this week and I’ve had to break out my winter boots agin, it feels like spring is officially on its way because I received my spring FabFiFun box! And I know I say this every season, but I think this is one of my favourites! Or maybe they are just all my favorites because they are actually that awesome!
I’ve been a FFF customer now for about two years and the excitement never goes away for me. As each new season sneaks in, so does my “Your box has been shipped” email and all is right in the world!
In all seriousness, this week has been… eventful, to say the least. This is a post for another day, but as of this week I am no longer at my job. A very good, but also a little scary, thing, and I’ve been fighting some weird sore throat/cold/exhaustion thing all week. So needless to say, my Spring 2018 FabFitFun box has been a welcome distraction!
If you are not familiar with FabFitFun, it’s a seasonal (quarterly) subscription service where every 3 months you are mailed a box full of full size beauty, wellness, fashion and fitness items. The box guarantees at least $120 worth of items and the cost is only $49.99/season. Shipping to Canada is $8. There is also an annual option for $179.99 if you sign up for the entire year.
To sign up and receive a $10 coupon, click here.
Now, let’s get to the box!
As usual, the box is loaded up with full sized items in various colours/designs all handpicked to get you ready for the new season ahead. This box included:
- Rachel Pally clutch. This clutch is SO cute and I can already tell that I’m going to get so much use out of it. I’m not someone who is immediately drawn to patterns in a store so I end up with lots of solid colours (especially black!) so I was pretty excited to receive something different and something so spring-y! This clutch was one of the big ticket items in the box and I can see why, it’s extremely well made! It will easily fit all of my essentials and can be dressed up and dressed down. I can’t wait to start using it!
- Another big ticket item is the Free People vegan leather eye mask. This is probably the one item that I was most excited about receiving (I read the spoilers, sue me). I have trouble sleeping and I’m finding that I need complete darkness so I have been thinking about trying an eye mask, so I was overjoyed to find out that I was receiving one in this season’s FFF box! The pattern on the mask is so cute, the outside is vegan leather and the inside is extremely soft. A major bonus for this is that it comes with a removable ice pack that you pop in the fridge/freezer before using. I can already tell that this will be indispensable during the upcoming allergy season!
- One of the three beauty items in this box is the Murad Skin Perfecting lotion. It reads as an ultra-light, oil-free moisturizer to help keep skin smooth and healthy while also providing hydration. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that sentence! Living in Canada we get limited Murad products so I haven’t actually tried anything from them before so I was excited to receive this!
- I’m a HUGE candle lover, almost every surface in my house had a candle and it’s rare to come into my house and not find a candle burning, so needless to say, I was thrilled to receive the Anderson Lilley Sunset Collection candle. It comes in three scents (Manhattan Beach, Fresh Linen and Super Bloom). I got it in Fresh Linen and it smells SO good! Literally smells like laundry fresh out of the dryer. It’s made out of coconut wax and a cotton lead-free wick for a clean, even-burning experience. This item totally has a double use too since it comes in a copper vessel, which can be used for decor/planting/storage when the candle is done.
- The one item from the box that I have already used is the Physique 37 Massage Roller. It seems like such a simple item upon first glance but yet, in the two days I have owned it, it has already been a miracle worker! It actually makes me want to work out really hard so that I have a reason to use it. Definitely was not expecting to love this as much as I do!
- There is usually a makeup product in each box and this season it was the ISH Statement Palette. This is a palette of 11 lipstick shades and 1 lip balm enriched with rose extract, shea butter, jojoba oil, olive oil and aloe vera. Admittedly, I wasn’t sure if I would get much use out of this but now that I’m looking at, I can’t wait to start experimenting with different looks! Also, bonus is that it will fit perfectly in the Rachel Pally clutch for touch-ups on the go!
- The final guaranteed item in this box is the Dermalect Cosmeceuticals Makeover Concealing Ridge Filler. This is a nail product designed to keep your nails smooth, healthy and glossy by hiding nail imperfections and treating your nails with moisture, vitamins and protein. Since I get my gel nails professionally done I’m not sure how much use I will get out of this item but I’m still happy to receive it. I actually rarely get pedicures in favor of doing my own (while watching SATC, of course) so I’ll be using it for that.
As well as all of the items listed above, each season FFF offers two “choice products”. You have two choice products that you pick prior to your box being sent out. For an additional $10 you can add the items that you did not pick. This season I added one of them, meaning I got 3 out of the 4 choice products:
The first choice was either Korres Guava Body Butter or a 5 pack of KNC Beauty All Natural Collagen Infused Lip Masks. Naturally, I paid the $10 and chose both!
The second choice was between Ettika Day Dreamer Tassel Earrings in black or blush, and a Maya Brenner Designs LOVE bracelet in silver or rose gold. I have a ton of bracelets and have been wanting to branch out into earrings so I decided to go with the earrings and they are SO cute! Now I just need an occasion to wear them!
Total box value – $357
Total paid by me – $59.99
I would definitely say that it was worth the money!
Is anyone else a FFF addict?? What about any other subscription boxes??