And just like that, in the blink of an eye, another season rolls in…
I realize that Fall technically started over a week ago, but now that it’s October 1st I feel as though I can’t deny it any longer, Fall is officially here.
So what does the new season mean to me? To be brutally honest, I struggle with this time of year. It’s not my favourite and I basically start counting the days until Spring arrives. But, no matter what time of year it is, a new season presents you with a clean slate and a chance to start over.
Here is a list of what October means to me and what I have to look forward to:
- Fashion. It doesn’t matter what season it is, each one brings a fresh opportunity to revamp your style and adjust to the changing seasons, and that is always an exciting feat!
- Beauty. Dark, everything dark! I have a nail appointment at the end of the week and I’m already looking forward to getting a rich dark shade! I’m also trying to decide what I want to do with my hair…
- Food. With the colder weather coming in, it’s only natural to start craving heartier meals and freshly baked home goods. As someone who loves to bake, this is always an exciting time for me. I love trying to find the balance between comfort food and healthy and I love, love that Fall is a great excuse to start adding cinnamon to just about everything!
- Thanksgiving. This only applies to Canadians (or Canadian impostors like myself ;)) The holiday feels extra early this year since it’s next week! We are heading out of town to visit our in-laws (I love my in-laws!) but I will make sure I post my favourite Thanksgiving recipes and traditions… to be repeated a month from now for American Thanksgiving!
- Christmas. I know, did I really have to go there?! I mean, there’s 10 people in my family alone (plus in-laws, etc) so yes, I do have to go there, because Christmas in my family is insane so if I don’t start planning and prepping in October, I end up stressed with no time left.
What does the new month mean to you guys?