Remember how I said I had the busiest two weeks coming up on my last post? Well, that ended up being an understatement… those two weeks were INSANE! But, I had the best time enjoying my sister’s wedding, getting ready for the wedding, hosting a couple of events at our house, spending time with out of town guests. I’m almost ready to do it all again… after a break of course 😉 I now have just over a week to get myself rested up for our summer trip to Vegas (I am SO excited for this getaway!)
For the past two weeks my days looked something like this: wake up at 5:30am, go to work for 9 hours, some kind of appointment, go for dinner/BBQ, get home around 11pm, get everything ready for the next day, go to bed. And repeat. The wedding weekend was even busier. I was seriously non-stop, but I managed to keep on top of everything and surprisingly, not only did everything go to plan, I also didn’t feel too stressed! Unfortunately, I was too busy to really workout, which is usually my go-to when I need energy so I had to find other ways around it.
So, here are my top 5 tips for keeping yourself sane when you’re completely-out-of-your-mind-busy:
1. Music. Sometimes I feel like the power of music is underestimated. I created an “August 2018” playlist (I use apple music) with all of my favorite songs and I listened to it whenever I wanted a distraction. I mixed fast songs when I needed some energy, slow songs for if I started to feel a little overwhelmed and songs that are easy to sing along to when I needed a little pick me up. Whenever I create a playlist I always include songs that give me happy memories so I’m instantly transported back to that time. It really helped to keep me sane!
2. Food. It’s so hard to skip eating when you’re busy but it’s so important to keep your energy levels up and to give your body the fuel it needs to keep going. There was a lot of eating out, which can cause me a little stress sometimes but I didn’t let it bother me. Instead I tried to pick healthier options and not let myself go hungry. I also carried a water bottle around with me everywhere to make sure I was hydrated.
3. Caffeine Nap. When I’m really busy, sleep is always the last thing on my mind and my sleep cycles definitely suffer. I know that this will never change because it’s just the way I am, so I tried to fit in small naps whenever I could. My favorite way to nap is a “caffeine nap”. Caffeine takes a few minutes to kick in so what I do is I drink a coffee (usually iced), then have a quick 15 minute nap. By the time the caffeine kicks in it wakes me up and I feel refreshed from the power nap and energized from the caffeine.
4. Delegate. I realize that this one might not always be feasible but if it is, do it! We hosted two big events at our house over the past couple of weeks and I couldn’t have done them without the help of others. I made a list of what needs to be done and purchased/made and had almost everyone do something to help. It took a lot of pressure off me and gave me more time to enjoy the events, rather than just stress about them.
5. Kopari Coconut Rose Toner. When nothing else had worked and I was starting to look a little tired, I resorted to a quick spritz of this toner. It’s meant for a facial toner but I used it just about everywhere. The scent is both relaxing and uplifting at the same time, it’s soothing on overtired skin and gives your face a quick pick me up throughout the day. Oh, and did I mention that it’s vegan, non-GMO, cruelty-free, noncomedogenic, and formulated without silicone, gluten, and synthetic fragrances. This will definitely become a summer staple for me!
Let me know if any of these tips work for you, or what you do when you’re feeling overwhelmed!